There is no time to write anything of substance this evening but I will jot down a few goings on, as it were, just to get them out of my head.
– I may have some good news on the work front (which almost makes up for some bad news I got at the end of the year). I don’t want to announce it until the paper work has been done, but I promise that as soon as it’s official, you all will be the first to know.
– I am seeing big numbers on my FitBit this week–13,000 and 14,000 steps for the last four days. I’ve done the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 workout four times now. After the first attempt I was debilitatingly sore for about four days. After the second I hardly felt it, although my quads and gluts notice these work outs every time. I really like the video and I think it will do good things for my body. We shall see.
– My weight is still at 156.8, which I’m happy with after the end of the year and our trip to Disneyland. I haven’t been nearly as good about watching what I eat, but I’m working out more than ever, so that is clearly keeping me from gaining. I still think I have a shot of seeing 155 before I leave for my trip in five days. We shall see.
– I went shopping and bought some clothes for this summer. I know I shouldn’t have done it, but I’m going to St. Louis for 10 days and it’s supposed to be hot as the seventh level of hell when we’re there and I literally had ONE pair of capris I could wear (and they are in pretty dismal shape). I also had three tops. Luckily that boxy shirt cut is popular right now and I found some shirts that are generous enough that I feel comfortable even in a medium. I got some stretchy waisted medium capris as well, along with two size tens, which I wasn’t crazy about buying (as they will cease to fit next summer–I hope) but they were big time on sale so I was willing to eat the cost (and who knows, maybe I’ll be a ten forever more, in which case, they are really cute capris). I didn’t have the money to get any of this but I’m considering it an investment on my self-acceptance because the amount of clothing I can wear is shrinking every day, and I just NEEDED something I don’t cringe at the thought of putting on. Already I feel much less pressure to lose these last 10-15 pounds, and that feeling is priceless.
– Monito actually opened his mouth repeatedly, inviting spoonfuls of purees this morning and afternoon. So far he is willing to eat pear mango purée and actually seems to like sweet potatoes. Baby Mum crackers are his absolute favorite, but he won’t eat much of anything else. Still, I’m thrilled that he actually swallowed some “solid” foods this week. Slowly but surely, we’re on our way.
– Osita is, well… she is incredible and frustrating and wonderful and infuriating all at once. I adore her and she drives me absolutely mad most of the time. I look forward to this next year, I think things could really take a positive turn.
– Monito remains the happiest, easiest going baby I’ve ever had the pleasure of parenting. “Just happy to be here,” is our Monito-moto and most of the time it’s true. He does have a piercing screech that he’s been practicing. Most of the time he does it just to do it, but sometimes he uses it to express his displeasure and when he does… guard the crystal glasses. He very much hates it when you leave him alone in a room, but if you are in the vicinity, he will happily amuse himself with whatever is available (as long as it fits in his mouth).
– These summer mornings have provided opportunities for Monito and Osita to play and it’s so wonderful to watch. I want to post some pictures of them together because it makes my heart sing. I can’t wait to watch their relationship grow.
– I talked to Mi.Vida about the physical touch stuff and he’s gone out of his way to show me affection for the last two days. I’ve thanked him for his efforts and told him how much it means to me. Already I feel closer to him, and it’s only been 48 hours. I hope he keeps it up, but I’m prepared to ask for what I need and not let the asking detract from the getting. (Thank you all, by the way, for your responses to that post. I felt so much better knowing that other couples have similar issues and that mismatched love languages do not a doomed marriage make. You all had such insightful things to say and every comment helped me come to a place of better understanding on that issue. I’m feeling MUCH better for the dialogue that post inspired.)
– Our kids our waking up earlier and earlier and Mi.Vida and I are becoming more and more exhausted so we promised ourselves we’d go to sleep early tonight. I already missed “early” but I can avoid “too late” if I stop this now, so that’s what I’ll do. I hope you’re all having a good week. I’m sure you’ll hear from me tomorrow.
What have you been up to these days?