Monito will be 12 weeks tomorrow and our lives seem to be settling into a nice rhythm. Of course I go back to work in three weeks, but for right now, things feel almost manageable. And because everyone should indulge in some good, old fashioned bullet points every once in a while, I will allow myself to do so now.
– One of the reasons our lives feel more manageable these days is that Monito is sleeping through the night. It just sort of happened while he was still in the Rock n’ Play Sleeper chair and then it somehow kept happening when we transferred him to the bassinet last week. Now he sleeps from about 9 or 10 p.m. to about 6 or 7 a.m. I’m sure it won’t last forever but right now, it’s amazing. We get a few hours of “us” time in the evening and I get six hours of uninterrupted sleep. It’s a win-win situation and you better believe I’m enjoying every night of it.
– I started reading Playful Parenting, and am already implementing some of the strategies in the book, and things between Osita and I have improved exponentially. I’ll be writing more about it soon, because it really has been a game changer for us, at a time when we desperately needed the game to change.
– It looks like we’re finally getting put on Mi.Vida’s insurance at work. This is HUGE for us financially, as it will be saving us $1500 a month in premiums! We are so incredibly lucky that he got a job that has such comprehensive benefits–we REALLY need this financially.
– Monito’s eczema is already SO MUCH BETTER and I’ve only been gluten-free for five days. I think it’s 95% the no-eating-wheat and 5% a shea butter/coconut oil cream I’ve been using on him. The good news is it doesn’t look like I have to stop eating dairy too. The bad news is I’ll be gluten-free for a while. Blerg.
– I found a gluten-free pasta I like a lot. It’s by Bionaturae and it boasts both great taste and texture. It will definitely make the no-wheat diet more manageable.
– Osita is obsessed with the Frozen soundtrack and I got an amazing video of her belting out, Let It Go yesterday. For the past three days she’s been Queen Elsa, I’ve been Princess Anna, Mi.Vida’s been Hans and Monito has been Sven (the reindeer). I love that girl, I really do.
– I have also been totally obsessed with the Frozen soundtrack, but I think Vampire Weekend’s most recent CD has just usurped the coveted spot on Esperanza’s Top Ten.
– I still have thrush. Seriously, it’s been 11 weeks. The. Fuck?!
– Pumping continues to go well. There are definitely times when pumping is really inconvenient but most of the time I’m very satisfied with the arrangement. If everything continues as is, I’ll definitely keep pumping through my maternity leave and will probably continue pumping when I go back to work.
– Mi.Vida and I have resumed “relations” and–shockingly!–my down-there pain seems to be an unpleasantness of the past! I don’t know how my most recent birth fixed the issues I used to have, but I’m not asking any questions. Things between us have actually been good. Really good. I know, I’m as surprised as you are.
And that will have to be that because it’s 11:30pm and it’s time for me to pump. I hope you all had a great weekend and an even better week ahead.